At Biathlon BC’s 2018 annual general meeting it was discussed that a waxing policy for the use of LF waxes should be incorporated for BC Biathlon Cup races. This was discussed after the ‘Yes wax protocol’ pilot ended.
Here is a summary of the wax policy for this season:
- At Biathlon BC Cup races (including the BC Championships) the wax policy applies to Junior Boy/Girl categories and younger, as well as the recreational categories.
- For the 2018/19 competition season for Biathlon BC Cup races, the waxing policy will not apply for the Senior Boy/Girl, Youth Men/Women, Junior Men/Women, Men/Women, Sport and Masters categories.
- Structure tools ARE permitted.
- Non-Fluoro (NF) or Low Fluoro (LF) glide waxes ARE permitted.
- Medium Fluoro (MF) or High Fluoro (HF) or similar glide waxes are NOT permitted.
- Pure Fluoro glide waxes (powders, pucks, blocks and liquids) are NOT permitted.
- Cold weather powder additives and hardeners are NOT permitted.