Seeking Assistant Coaches for Squad Camps
Biathlon BC is seeking interested coaches to fill multiple coaching positions at upcoming training camps with our provincial training squads. Please find the positions available, responsibilities and requirements, as well as application instructions below. The deadline for applications is Sunday July 11, 2021.
- Biathlon BC Talent Squad Camp Prince George – August 12-15
- (3) Assistant Coach positions
- Biathlon BC Development Squad Camp Whistler – September 22-26
- (2) Assistant Coach positions
- Biathlon BC Development Squad Camp Vernon – Nov 16-21
- (2) Assistant Coach Positions
- Biathlon BC Talent Squad Camp Vernon – Nov 25-28
- (3) Assistant Coach Positions
Assistant Coach Duties include:
- Be available throughout the entire duration of the camp
- Participate with pre-camp planning as directed by the Provincial Head Coach
- Support daily training environment as directed by the Provincial Head Coach
- Assist with transportation of athletes to camp activities
- Other duties as required
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Biathlon Competition Introduction trained, or equivalent.
- Current Biathlon Canada coaching membership.
- Previous experience coaching athletes at the same level of the indicated camp.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead physical training sessions that are 1.5 hours+ in length.
- Possess a valid Firearms Possession Acquisition Licence.
- Proficiency instructing skating (mandatory) and classic (preferred) ski technique.
- Proficiency with Anschutz and Izhmash biathlon rifles.
- Able to provide a current (within the past 2 years) criminal records check (vulnerable sector).
- Able to provide a current driver’s abstract (Development Squad Camp positions only)
Submit all applications to email@example.com
Deadline: Sunday, July 11, 2021
Please submit the following:
- A brief summary of your biathlon coaching experience;
- Your NCCP number; and
- A letter of Interest including the following:
- a. which camps you are interested in attending; and
- how your past and current experience make you an ideal candidate for this position.
- Competition-development certified coaches: $225/day
- Competition-introduction trained or certified coaches: $150/day
- Biathlon BC will cover the cost of accommodation, food and mileage, as per Biathlon BC’s expense claim policies.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Applicants will be contacted by the end of July.