Biathlon Canada Seeking Athletes for FISU Winter Universiade 2019
UPDATED: Biathlon Canada has named five athletes to the team and is extending the deadline for FISU team applications to 12pm EST, December 30th, 2018, in order to fill the remaining 7 places (2 women, 5 men). Biathlon Canada will review the applications and offer positions as they come in until positions are filled or the deadline is reached.
Biathlon Canada is seeking athletes who are interested and eligible for participation in the Winter Universiade Games in Krasnoyarsk, Russia, February 27-March 13, 2019.
FISU Winter Universiade is the second largest winter multi-sport event next to the Olympics. https://www.fisu.net/sport-events/winter-universiades-events/29th-winter-universiade
The Winter Universiade provides athletes with an incredible opportunity to compete internationally.
Athletes who are interested must meet the following criteria:
- Students who are currently registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at the university or similar institute, the status of which is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country; or former students of the institutions mentioned before who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the calendar year preceding the event.
- Be a national of the country they represent.
- Be at least 18 and no older than 25 years of age on December 31, 2019.
- Participated at Biathlon National Championships in 2018, IF you did not participate at Nationals submit a “Letter of Intent” with race results indicating the ability to race competitively at FISU games.
Athletes who are interested are required to:
- Contact – Team Lead/Head Coach, Allie Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Athlete and Coach Development Manager, Jacqueline Akerman at email@example.com by 12pm EST, December 30, 2018.
- Athlete applications will be reviewed by the High Performance Working Group (HPWG) and offer positions as they come in until positions are filled or the deadline is reached.
- An initial payment of $1750 is due on being named to the team. This tour is athlete funded and is projected to cost $3200, plus flights.
- Complete all necessary documentation, on time, as outlined in the athlete information package (details provided upon contact with Team Lead).