An entry level officials course is being organized at Sovereign Nordic Club on November 16, 2019.
This one-day course will cover the basic rules of biathlon, and give you hands-on, practical experience in the various areas of the field of play: range, course, penalty loop, timing and stadium.
This course is recommended for anyone who has volunteered or is interested in volunteering at a biathlon competition. Upon completion of this course you will be certified as an entry-level official.
Online registration is mandatory and is open until 23:59 on November 10th, to ensure that course materials will be delivered in time for the course.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact email@example.com
Facilitator: Clayton Whitman
Date and Time: November 16, 2019 from 9:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Sovereign Lake Nordic Club Race Office, Vernon BC
Cost: $50 (Zone4 fee will be covered for registrations completed before Oct 5th)
What to bring: the course will feature classroom and practical exercises. Part of the course will be outdoors so please bring clothing appropriate for the conditions. Participants should bring a lunch. Light refreshments will be available. A microwave, fridge and sink is available for use.
For information about this course and where it fits along the officials development pathway, visit Biathlon Canada’s officials webpage.
- All Canadian registrants must be members of Biathlon Canada. Registration can be completed here: https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=20944&lan=1&cartlevel=1
- Out of country registrants must be members in good standing with the biathlon governing bodies in their home countries
- All registrants must be 14 years or older
- Electronic course materials will be provided. A laptop or print-out should be brought to the course
- Please bring a pen and paper