Biathlon BC is seeking two contract assistant coaching positions for upcoming training camps with our provincial training squads. Please find the positions available, responsibilities and requirements, as well as application instructions below. Note that the deadline for applications is Sunday October 18, 2020.
- Biathlon BC Development Squad Camp November 18-22, 2020 (Vernon, BC)
- Biathlon BC Talent Squad Camp November 25-29, 2020 (Vernon, BC)
Assistant Coach Duties include:
- Be available throughout the entire duration of the camp.
- Participate with pre-camp planning as directed by the Provincial Head Coach.
- Support daily training environment as directed by the Provincial Head Coach.
Other duties as required.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Biathlon Competition Introduction Certified
- Have successfully completed the Coaches Association of Canada’s Making Ethical Decisions online evaluation.
- Current Biathlon Canada coaching membership.
- Previous experience coaching athletes who are at the same level of the indicated camp.
- Abide by Biathlon BC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Abide by and enforce Biathlon BC’s COVID-19 Return to Sport Plan.
- A working cellphone and laptop, appropriate rifle tool/parts kit, shooting magnet board, scope/tripod and ski equipment.
- Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead physical training sessions that are 1.5 hours+ in length.
- Possess a valid Firearms Possession Acquisition Licence.
- Proficiency instructing both skating (mandatory) and classic (preferred) ski technique.
- Proficiency with the Anschutz and Izhmash biathlon rifle platform.