Biathlon BC is seeking an interested and qualified individual to perform the services of Office Manager.
This is a part-time contract position. The term of the contract is from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. The successful candidate will be expected to spend 6-8 hours per week providing services to Biathlon BC. The compensation for these services will be approximately $800-$1000 per month, depending on experience and on the exact nature of the contracted services to be negotiated between the successful candidate and Biathlon BC.
Interested applicants should send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no more than one page long, setting out their experience and how they meet the criteria below. The deadline for applications is June 28, 2019.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support for Biathlon BC’s camps and teams;
- Assisting with the preparation of grant applications;
- Filing reports with funding partners;
- Administering provincial athlete registration and excellence reporting;
- Monitoring the email@example.com email address;
- Supervising the creation and filing of Biathlon BC documents; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will:
- have knowledge of Biathlon BC’s squads and teams, and experience assisting at Biathlon BC camps and tours;
- have experience with the BC Sport Information System, the BC Activity Reporter, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Zone4.ca, and Wordpress;
- be able to monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email account regularly, and respond to or forward emails received promptly;
- have experience with grant writing, particularly with Community Gaming Grant applications;
- have at a minimum a basic understanding of financial statements for non-profit organizations; and
- have a track record of working professionally and efficiently with board members and other volunteers in a non-profit sport organization context.
Biathlon BC thanks all applicants, but please note that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.