Biathlon BC is seeking an interested and qualified person to perform the duties of Regional Coach to athletes in the coastal region and Kelowna area. Those interested in applying or requiring more information should contact Bruno St-Onge, Vice President, Programs.
The deadline for applying is April 13 2015. The term of the position is May 1, 2015 to April 31, 2016. This is a part-time position.
- Will have completed or provide proposed schedule of completion of NCCP Competition Development Coaching course (old Level 3) or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate as a contractor, as defined by Revenue Canada.
- The Regional Coach will assist the Provincial Head Coach with the organization and delivery of Development Squad camps. The organization of these camps will be done collaboratively with the VP Programs. These camps could include but are not restricted to the following: spring training camp, summer training camp, fall training camp, and early season on-snow camp
- Promote the development of coaches in the region where the coach is located.
- Assist in the delivery of IPS requirements.
- Generate additional growth and education within the Biathlon BC coaching system through provision of mentoring opportunities.
- Advise Biathlon BC regarding special development of coaching needs.
- Follow the 5 identified athletes on the Development Squad in the Coastal and Central (Kelowna) region.
- Further duties as assigned by the VP Programs.
The Regional Coach will be under supervision of the VP Programs.
A budget of $13,000 for the salary and expenses has been allotted in the current budget.