Unfortunately, due to unseasonably warm temperatures and a lack of snow at Whistler Olympic Park, the North American Cup 2 event scheduled for December 7-9 has been relocated to Canmore. The relocated NorAm 2 will be combined with the Calforex Cup event that is already scheduled in Canmore for that weekend.

The Canada Winter Games trials for B.C. athletes will now take place at the relocated NorAm 2 in Canmore.

However, the Whistler organizing committee is still hopeful that it can host a smaller, more limited BC Cup event in Whistler on December 7-9. If Whistler receives some snow this week, or if there is snow in the forecast for next week, it will proceed with a modified BC Cup, accommodating a limited number of categories with modified rules using the 1.5km course loop.

A decision on whether to proceed with a limited BC Cup on December 7-9, including a revised event invitation with the competitions/categories to be offered, will be announced on Saturday, December 1.

Stay tuned for an announcement this Saturday about the BC Cup, and keep your fingers crossed for snow in Whistler!