Privileges and restrictions of Day Licenses
- Day licenses allow you to participate in all biathlon activities that require Biathlon Canada insurance (e.g. Recreational Classes, Regional Races, Promotional events, Twoonie races, Demo days, Introduction to Biathlon, etc)
- Day licenses cannot be used for out-of province biathlon activities (a local day membership would have to be purchased).
- A day license is required for each single day of a biathlon related activity. For example, if you are participating in a two-day event, and you aren’t a registered participant, you will be required to purchase two day licenses.
- Competing on a day license makes you ineligible for official BC Cup points and selection to Biathlon BC Teams, Squads and sponsored camps.
- An athlete who is participating with a Day license at a BC Cup may only enter the Recreational Class, except for Juvenile and Midgets who may compete in their respective classes with a Day license.
Purchasing a Day License
Individual Day licenses may be purchased by sending payment to the Treasurer. They are $5.50 each. Day licenses should be emailed along with reporting spreadsheets to the Secretary.
Reporting Day Licenses
Clubs hosting events for which they need to purchase Day licenses may do so by having each individual fill out and sign the Day License form. The forms are to be kept by the club for their records. Birthdate, gender and postal code for each day license must then be transcribed onto this Excel spreadsheet and emailed to the Secretary. A cheque can then be mailed as instructed on the spreadsheet.