Request for Expression of Interest for Biathlon Coach at Telemark Nordic Club
The Telemark Biathlon Program in West Kelowna, B.C. is looking for interested individuals to be part of a dynamic coaching team of paid and volunteer coaches. We have a large program that encompasses programs for beginners (Bears), recreational, Masters, and competitive biathletes. The coaching positions report to the Chair of the Telemark Biathlon Parent Committee.
Our club strives to provide programs for the continual development of biathlon from introduction to national excellence for all ages and abilities and follows the LTAD model where appropriate. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic and committed coaches.
- Provide coaching expertise to all biathletes and coaches.
- Deliver on-snow and dryland training opportunities 4-5 days per week
- Develop annual training programs for Telemark Nordic Club biathletes.
- Provide direction, assignments and mentoring to volunteer coaches.
- Oversee race coaching, both prior to and at races, including directions for ski wax preparation.
- Minimum NCCP Biathlon Competition Development Certified or equivalent.
- Minimum NCCP Nordic T2T Certified or equivalent. Experienced wax technician.
Must have own transportation.
- PAL certified.
- Knowledgeable Range Safety Officer with experience maintaining biathlon rifles
- Criminal records check.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Motivated to work independently and take a leadership role.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
Part time position with sessional payments.
Submit cover letter and resume in confidence to Michelle Banser, Chair, Telemark Biathlon Committee
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2018