Telemark is pleased to offer an NCCP Biathlon Community Coaching Silver course. The Silver coaching course provides practical, sport-specific, technical information required to help new coaches help run club practices for community (recreational) and development (e.g.: Biathlon Bears) programs.
Telemark Nordic Club, 4425 Glenrosa Road, West Kelowna BC V4T 1V9
Glenrosa Middle School, 2974 Glen Abbey Pl, West Kelowna, BC V4T 2N1
Saturday September 21 – 13:00 – 18:00
Sunday September 22 – 11:00 – 5:00
This course is designed to help train new coaches in order to help run club-based biathlon programs. No experience previous experience racing, participating or coaching biathlon is required. Parents, supporters and athletes who will be coaching biathlon are strongly encouraged to enroll!
This course will split time been a classroom-based setting and “in the field” technical instruction. The classroom portion will be conducted in the Telemark Nordic Club main lodge. Shooting technique instruction will take place at the Telemark Biathlon Range, and ski technique instruction will take place at Glenrosa Middle School.
- All registrants must be members of Biathlon Canada. Registration can be completed here: http://biathloncanada.ca/membership/
- All registrants must be 14 years or older
- Electronic course materials will be provided. A laptop or print-out should be brought to the course
- Please bring a pen and paper
- The ski technique session will include roller skiing. No experience is required. A helmet is required. Please supply your own ski boots and poles, and if you have access, your own roller skis. There will be a limited number of roller skis on hand to borrow.
- The range session will include live firing at the biathlon range. No experience is required. If you have access to a biathlon rifle and ammunition, please bring them. There will be a limited number of rifles on hand to borrow.
Saturday September 21:
- Introduction and Overview (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Shooting Equipment, Safety and Rules (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Range Training (Telemark Biathlon Range)
Sunday September 22:
- Ski Training (Glenrosa Middle School)
- Skiing Equipment and Rules (Telemark Main Lodge)
- Course Wrap Up (Telemark Main Lodge)
Registration is online through the NCCP locker: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/public/5326280
The fee for the course is $70.00. Cheques should be made payable to Telemark Biathlon Club.
Point of Contact to sign up and for questions: Chris Halldorson (firstname.lastname@example.org) 250-300-8919