To further the development of biathlon coaches in BC, Biathlon BC is organizing a series of online workshops. These workshops will cover a variety of technical and practical subjects.
In the first session, Master Coach Developer Clay Whitman will explain the coach pathways for Community and Competition-Introduction coaching, and take questions about the evaluation and certification process.
Topics covered in this one hour online workshop will include:
- What type of coach/program/athlete the Community Coach pathway is intended for
- What type of coach/program/athlete the Competition-Introduction Coach pathway is intended for
- Differentiating between “in training”, “trained” and “certified” status
- Explaining the role of the NCCP multi-sport modules
- Reviewing the coach pathway for Community Coaching
- Explaining the evaluation/certification process for Community Coaching
- Reviewing the coach pathway for Competition-Introduction Coaching
- Explaining the evaluation/certification process for Competition-Introduction Coaching
These sessions will be hosted using the GoToMeeting virtual conference App. Participants can connect by internet or phone. There is no cost for this workshop.
Please register for this workshop by September 1 in the CAC Locker at the following link: https://thelocker.coach.ca/event/public/5383935.
Resources: NCCP Model 2019: HERE
Community Sport Coaching Pathway: HERE
Competition-Introduction Coaching Pathway: HERE
Login details will be emailed to all registered participants on September 1st.